“You should live in a way that proves you belong to the God who calls you into his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12
I talk to people all the time who say, “I have so much, and yet I feel unfulfilled. I’ve got a good family, good job, and good friends. I’m part of a great church. Then why do I feel so unfulfilled?” It’s because you were made for more than this! You were made for more than survival. Until you begin to live in God’s Kingdom, by God’s power, and for God’s glory, you will never find fulfilment in life. How do you live a fulfilled life – the kind of life you were designed by God to live?
The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 2:12, “You should live in a way that proves you belong to the God who calls you into his kingdom and glory” What does it mean to live in God’s Kingdom? It means you make God’s agenda your agenda. You make God’s will your will. You care about what God cares about. You put God first in whatever area you want him to bless.
What does it mean to put God first in your life? Here are five areas where you can put God “FIRST”:
- Finances. If you want God to bless your finances, even during hard times, start tithing.
- Interests. Put him first in your hobbies, your career, and your recreation. Give God first consideration in every decision.
- Relationships. Put him first in your family, your marriage, and your friendships.
- Schedule. Give him the first part of every day. When you wake up, sit on the side of your bed, and say, “God, if I don’t get anything else done today, I just want to love you a little bit more and know you a little bit better.”
- Troubles. Turn to God first when you have a problem. Prayer should never be your last resort. It should be your first choice.
Put God first in everything. Then watch how much God blesses you.